Founded in 1974, the World Federation of Societies of Biological Psychiatry is a non-profit world wide organization composed of 64 National Societies of Biological Psychiatry and individual members representing professionals from over 70 countries.
With this multitude of countries represented in its worldwide community, the World Federation has built an international network of opinion leaders, the majority of which are key opinion-leaders in the practice of biological psychiatry.
The principal objectives of WFSBP are:
- To foster and encourage scientific research and advancement in the field of biological psychiatry
- To improve the quality of training spanning all the biological psychiatry sciences
- To promote education and achieve the highest level of knowledge and understanding within the field
- To provide information and guidance to all institutions, societies or individuals with an interest in biological psychiatry
- To establish, build, and maintain solid collaboration with international and national organizations related to biological psychiatry
Educational activities, regional, international and world congresses, the interactive website www. wfsbp.org, and The World Journal of Biological Psychiatry build the World Federation’s portfolio and ensure its worldwide influence. The development of worldwide treatment guidelines is one of WFSBP’s main areas of international leadership.
Year after year, more and more professionals choose to join the World Federation’s Biological Psychiatry arena and enjoy its exclusive educational and networking opportunities. In the coming years WFSBP is looking forward welcoming over 15 new eminent member societies from different parts of the world.